- RSS Channel Showcase 4183400
- RSS Channel Showcase 8186326
- RSS Channel Showcase 7900260
- RSS Channel Showcase 9788851
Articles on this Page
- 10/05/15--01:17: _GRO Decision Tree
- 10/05/15--08:19: _GRO Manual
- 10/05/15--08:22: _Treatment Services ...
- 10/05/15--08:28: _Treatment Services ...
- 10/05/15--08:29: _Differences between...
- 10/05/15--09:05: _Structure and Visua...
- 10/06/15--10:05: _Webinar-“Structure ...
- 10/06/15--10:06: _Webinar-“Why Reinfo...
- 10/06/15--10:12: _Webinar-“I’ve Tried...
- 10/06/15--10:15: _Webinar-Teaching Sk...
- 10/05/15--08:16: _Comic Strip Convers...
- 01/31/16--21:11: _2015 Year in Review
- 06/30/16--10:54: _OTAC Reinvented!
- 06/30/16--17:54: _OTAC Reinvented!
- 05/13/17--19:46: _We’re Hiring
- 09/07/17--14:51: _Join Us for a Night...
- 03/21/18--15:00: _Exciting News from ...
- 10/05/15--01:17: GRO Decision Tree
- 10/05/15--08:19: GRO Manual
- 10/05/15--09:05: Structure and Visual Strategies (SVS) Tool Form and Examples
- 10/06/15--10:05: Webinar-“Structure in the Home: A Simple Approach.”
- 10/06/15--10:06: Webinar-“Why Reinforcement Systems Often Fail.”
- 10/06/15--10:12: Webinar-“I’ve Tried Everything With Toilet Training. Now What?”
- 10/05/15--08:16: Comic Strip Conversations: Examples of Social Stories
- 01/31/16--21:11: 2015 Year in Review
- 06/30/16--10:54: OTAC Reinvented!
- 06/30/16--17:54: OTAC Reinvented!
- 05/13/17--19:46: We’re Hiring
- 09/07/17--14:51: Join Us for a Night at the Theater
- 03/21/18--15:00: Exciting News from OTAC!
The Gro Decision Tree is a quality assurance tool which outlines a process for examining support documents already in place such as the Personal Focus Worksheet, Individual Support Plan, functional assessment and/or behavior support plan, as well as other supports provided by the organization serving an individual who engages in behaviors that put him or […]
The GRO Manual (Growing Resources in Oregon) was developed in 2010 to address the need for training and information that reflects the changing profile of individuals entering into the development disabilities service system. The contents of this manual were developed from research on best practices for supporting people with complex needs. The information in this […]
The following article provides information on what to do when a mental/emotional health issue is suspected and the steps to access mental health services. Target audience: people seeking mental health services http://www.otac.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Tx-Svcs-MH-DD-What-do-to.pdf
The following article provides information on treatment services for individuals with co-occurring mental health and I/DD, such as what services are available with regards to the primary diagnosis, what to expect from mental health treatment, and types of service providers in the mental health system. Target audience: people seeking services for MH and I/DD http://www.otac.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Tx-Svcs-MH-DD-Two-Types.pdf
The following article identifies the differences between the Oregon Mental Health and Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities service delivery systems, such as how services are paid for, where services can be obtained, and more. Target audience: people seeking information/services for individuals with MH, I/DD http://www.otac.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/MH-IDDD-Differences.pdf
Structure and Visual Strategies (SVS) is a collection of proactive tools and supports that help people who experience Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) have a more independent and successful life. Structure and Visual Strategies (SVS) Tool Form and Examples: Tool Form Example 1 Example 2 Target audience: parents/families of people with autism, Support Workers, Behavior Support […]
“Structure in the Home: A Simple Approach.” November 14, 2013 Online Training Target audience: parents/families, Behavior Support Specialists Watch the recording
“Why Reinforcement Systems Often Fail.” December 5, 2013 Online Training Target audience: parents/families, Behavior Support Specialists Watch the recording
“I’ve Tried Everything With Toilet Training. Now What?” January 21, 2014 Online Training – Target audience: parents/families Watch the recording
Teaching Skills and Wellness Approaches for People with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities Presenter: Daniel Baker, PhD.; NADD-CC Associate Professor of Pediatrics Boggs Center Rutgers RWJMS Session 1: Teaching Skills to People with Significant Learning Challenges Participants will be able to: define best practices in instruction use different prompting methods design instruction Watch recording Session 2: […]
The following comic strip examples of social stories were taken from the GRO (Growing Resources in Oregon) Training and Resource Manual. Proactive Comic Strip Crisis Situation Comic Strip On the Spot Comic Strip #1 On the Spot Comic Strip #2 How a Teacher Can Help You Comic Strip Target audience: Support Workers, parents/families of people […]
We are excited to announce some amazing changes at OTAC! After 32 years of providing quality training, technical assistance, and other services, OTAC is proud to say that we are taking focused steps to infuse an even higher level of forward-thinking and positive energy into everything that we do. It is with gratitude we acknowledge […]
We are excited to announce some amazing changes at OTAC!After 32 years of providing quality training, technical assistance, and other services, OTAC is proud to say that we are taking focused steps to infuse an even higher level of forward-thinking and positive energy into everything that we do.It is with Read More
Are you an experienced Direct Support Professional? Do you have a passion for using person-centered approaches and positive behavior support tools in your work?OTAC has two openings for Direct Support Professionals to support one person experiencing I/DD in their own home in Hermiston, Oregon. We are looking for one full-time Read More
You’re Invited! Please join us for a fun evening at the Pentacle Theater to help support OTAC’s mission and help kick-off funding for our Rural Training Initiative program. What We’ll start the evening off with a wine and dessert reception, followed by the acclaimed theatrical romantic comedy Almost, Maine When Wednesday, October Read More
OTAC will soon become a program of The Arc Oregon Dear Friends, We are writing to tell you about an exciting change! OTAC is entering a new chapter in its long and valued history as an agent of change in Oregon’s I/DD community by becoming a program of The Arc Oregon. This